Fitness is a state of the human body that allows it to function up to its full potential. It is the ability to do regular jobs without any strain, while being alert and energetic enough to endure any stressful activities. It is basically a condition wherein, all the major parts of the body, heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, bones and muscles are in proper working condition. Continue reading
Believe it or not, there is a formula to muscle and fitness.
I know that sometimes the fitness industry can be quite confusing. As you start your search for your fitness solution, you are flooded and bombarded by all of the “quickies”. If you aren’t familiar with this term in reference to fitness, it is probably because I started using it myself. I use it in reference to anyone that is looking for a quick sale, and have no care for truly helping their customer get the muscle and fitness solution that they want. I am going to help you to find some focus and direction to guide yourself through the storm to your muscle and fitness potential. Continue reading
Keeping physically fit requires resolve! Nothing is more important than deciding to follow a fitness plan. Around the holidays so many of us make a New Year’s resolution to get fit and healthy, but I’m here to tell you that everyday is the time for a health and fitness resolution! Though we often blame outward circumstances for our poor health (e.g. office treats, fast food, “the holidays,”) in reality, the true barrier to preventing us from reaching our fitness goals is our own procrastination.
How often have we told ourselves, “Someday I’ll fit into that dress,” or “I’ll get back to my college weight eventually”? Time and time again we delay our health a fitness resolutions until a future date. It is time to stop this incessant procrastination because all we end up doing is having a perpetual desire… endless wanting. Make the resolution to turn these dreams into a reality. The time for delay has come to an end. As Shakespeare says, “Defer no time; delays have dangerous ends.”
The secret to living a healthy life is rooted in the realization that tomorrow never comes! Our tomorrow is nothing but the consequences of decisions that we make today. When we think about it, it becomes obvious that today is all that we have. The past no longer exists. The future has yet to come. The present is all that exists! The person you want to be in the future, therefore, will only come into existence when the person that you actually are resolves to do something… NOW. Again, everyday is a health and fitness resolution!
To reach your long-term fitness goals requires a commitment. There are no short cuts! What this will entail is different for each person. The best way to maximize your time and efforts is to work with a personal trainer. He or she will help determine which exercises and diet is best for your physical make up and life situation. It is much easier to reach your fitness goals when you have an everyday plan directing you how to get there.
Despite the numerous gimmicks, fad diets and fancy exercise plans, reaching your optimal health and fitness goals is really quite simple. It requires two ingredients; 1) an exercise plan that fits your body type and goals, 2) your determination and resolution to follow this plan, each and everyday! I’m not saying you have to train every day, it’s the mentality that you want to be on top of. Armed with this two-pronged attack, physical fitness will lose its mysterious and elusive quality. Exercise and diet plans are out there. Finding a program that works for you is very possible. The real question that you must ask yourself is this; “Do I have the resolution and determination to work towards my goals each and every day?” Do I sincerely desire everyday to be a health and fitness resolution?
The great secret to happiness in life is the realization that today is all that we have. The seeds of the future you are present in the little decisions that you make today. Each and everyday is an opportunity and invitation for you to become the new and improved you. You want to be healthier? You want to increase your level of fitness? Then make the resolution today, and everyday, to do what is required! Make everyday a health and fitness resolution.
If you are planning on going on an LDS mission in the near future, or if you have a child planning to go, it is important to be prepared. You will be gone for two years, leaving the comforts of home behind you and living out of two suitcases. One thing to consider is your health. A mission is exhausting and you have a very busy schedule to follow, so you need to be healthy.
On a mission you do a lot of walking and many missionaries also do a lot of bike riding. If you are not physically fit, this can be really hard on your body and you could suffer a great deal. Before you go on your mission you should have a fitness plan and exercise each day to prepare for what is ahead. Even going walking every day for 30 to 60 minutes is great, especially if you wear the shoes you’ll be wearing on the mission. By doing this you can break in your shoes and it will prevent you from getting horrible blisters out in the mission field.
While on your mission you can also exercise. Missionaries are supposed to wake up at 6:30am each day and do their personal and companionship studies. You are allowed to wake up 30 minutes early at 6:00am and do some exercising. Take advantage of these 30 minutes. Although you might be walking or bike riding a lot on your mission, you still need to get some good cardio exercise and strength training. All you need is a good exercise plan to follow and you can keep yourself strong and fit throughout your entire mission.
Many missionaries come home from their missions having gained 20 pounds or more. Some will write home asking for larger clothes because the ones they have are starting to get too small. Take the time to exercise each day and avoid losing weight and feeling gross. If you have a plan and you stick to it, you will be blessed with increased energy and stamina and you might even come home a bit thinner than when you left.
When women are looking for a fitness program you know they’re not just looking to ‘get fit’. Anyone who understands women knows that they always have more than one reason for doing anything. As women we want to get fit, but we also want to: lose weight, halt the effects of aging, improve our tone, improve our flexibility, look younger, be more attractive to the opposite sex and even more importantly help us look attractive enough to pass inspection by other women. Continue reading
Do you always feel fifteen pounds heavier after coming back from vacation? All that eating out and indulging can pack on a few pounds. Whether you are worried about packing on the pounds while traveling, already have a few to lose or just simply love exercising and would like to tone up; consider trying a fitness vacation. It is one of the hottest new trends in travel, not only do you get to get away, which in itself feels good, but you also get to lose weight and get fitter. There are plenty of fitness friendly travel options, but here are just a few of the many fitness vacations out there. Continue reading
Question From Ann, NewYork City: Every time I begin a fitness program, life gets in the way, I start stalling and before I know it I’ve fallen off the wagon and gained 5lbs. I can’t really afford a personal trainer but I can see how they can help you stay on track. I’ve tried DVD’s and classes with no success. Is there anything out there that can help me.
Answer : Thank you Ann for your honesty, I know many women have similar frustrations while pursuing their fitness lifestyle. There’s a lot of new research out there in the Fitness world and from that dearth of research is a new hybrid of personal trainers. They’re called Fitness Lifestyle Coaches, they can provide both exercise and behavioral guidance and they are a cheaper alternative to a Personal Fitness Trainer. I will address your question in the mindset of a Fitness Lifestyle Coach so you will catch a glimpse of how the lifestyle fitness coaching process can work. Continue reading
Health is wealth. By being physically fit, it can make a person look lean both inside and out.
There is a lot a person can do such jogging or walking in the morning, playing basketball or any other sport with friends but if a person wants to have muscles and look lean, the best thing to do will be to sign up and workout in a gym.
Just like taking any medicine, one should first consult the doctor before undergoing any form of exercise.
Physical exercise is beneficial because it helps maintain and improve ones health from a variety of diseases and premature death. It also makes a person feel happier and increases ones self esteem preventing one from falling into depression or anxiety. It has also shown to make a person with an active lifestyle live longer than a person who doesn’t.
The best exercise plan should have cardiovascular and weight training exercises. This helps burn calories and increase the muscle to fat ratio that will increase ones metabolism and make one either gain or lose weight.
A person who has never worked out before should do it gradually. Doing it too much for the first time can make one pull a muscle or have an injury making it worse. Endurance will never be built in a day and doing it repeatedly will surely be good to the person.
Focusing on certain portion in the body can help make it improve. A good example is going to the gym and doing a workout more often in a specific area such as the abs can give one a chest pack.
But beauty is not only about having muscles which is what people can see. It is also about enhancing the beauty within.
Here are some things one can do everyday to stay beautiful and healthy;
· Reading books and other reading material more often keeps the mind sharp just like working out keeps the body in shape.
· Work no matter what kind it is produces stress. One can reduce this by taking the time out to do something special like lying in a hot tub, shopping or watching a movie. Studies have shown it is reliever and helps one from looking haggardly.
· Pollution is something people cannot control given the size of the problem. When one goes out, it is best to put some form of protection such as beauty products that contain antioxidants that protect the skin from damage. There are also other beauty products available and choosing the right one with the help of a dermatologist can help the person.
· Another way to stay healthy is to give up some vices. Most people smoke and drink. Smoking has been proven to cause lung cancer and other diseases as well complications for women giving birth. Excessive drinking has also shown to do the same.
· For people who don’t smoke, it is best to stay away from people who do since studies have shown that nonsmokers are also at risk of developing cancer due to secondary smoke inhalation.
· Lastly, it is best to always start the day with a positive outlook. Just as studies have shown that exercise makes a person feel happier, smiling produces the same effect. A smile can do a lot and it is contagious in a positive sense. It brightens the day of not only one but others as well.
Before fitness training, one must give importance to doing warm-up or stretching exercises to prevent accidents or to enhance the output during the training. There are also a number of precautionary measures and tips to serve as guidelines when doing fitness exercises. Here are some of them.
1. To increase your flexibility and to avoid injuries, stretch before and after workout. Almost everyone knows that stretching before workout prevents injuries during the exercises, but only few people know that stretching after workout, when muscles are still warm, can increase flexibility.
2. Hold your stretching position for more than 60 seconds to increase flexibility. While holding your position for 20 seconds is enough for warm ups, holding each position for at least 60 seconds will develop the body’s flexibility.
3. Do not go into a stretching position then immediately return to the relaxed position, and do it repeatedly. This is more appropriately termed as bouncing while in a position. When stretching, hold that position for several seconds, and then slowly relax. You may do this exercise repeatedly this way. Bouncing or forcing yourself into a position during stretching can strain or damage some joints or muscles.
4. Work slowly in increments instead of immediately proceeding to doing the hardest exercise or position.
5. Make sure that you have stretched or warmed up all muscle groups. For some people, even if they have strong bodies, they tend to neglect the neck when working out of stretching. Stretching the neck muscles can be as simple as placing the palm of one’s hand against the front of the head and pushing it. Then, do the same to the sides and the back of the head.
6. Stretch regularly to continually increase your range of movements and your level of flexibility and strength.
7. Workout considering only your capabilities and not of others. Do not force yourself to do exercises that you are not yet capable of just because there are people who can do it. Increase your limits slowly. Listen to your body. There are days when your body may be too tired that you may have to consider reducing your range of motion.
8. Learn to rest. Rest in between sets and stations to make sure that the body has enough time to recover its energy. Also, it is advisable that you don’t work the same muscle groups consecutively for two days. The muscles grow during the period when you rest and not when you are working out.
9. Do aerobic exercises to strengthen your heart. Aerobic exercises are those physical activities that much oxygen for fuel. This includes cardiovascular exercises such as skipping rope, running or swimming.
10. Music may help you when you want to train for longer periods or to increase your intensity. You can use mp3 players, CD players or lightweight am radio receivers for this. Just make sure that you brought your headset with you so you wouldn’t disturb people who don’t prefer music while exercising.
Apart from preventing injuries and increasing one’s limit, it is also said that stretching is good for a tired body and also for a stressed mind and spirit.
When women are looking for a fitness program you know they’re not just looking to ‘get fit’. Anyone who understands women knows that they always have more than one reason for doing anything! As women we want to get fit, but we also want to: lose weight, halt the effects of aging, improve our tone, improve our flexibility, look younger, be more attractive to the opposite sex and even more importantly help us look attractive enough to pass inspection by other women.
Know Why You Want to Be Fit and Make Goals
Before you start any fitness program you have to really decide that your goals are important enough to keep you motivated and overcome all the excuses you used in the past. Your fitness program must become one of those things that you do without question, like eating or brushing your teeth. Unless you are convinced of the benefits of your fitness program and that you want it enough to stay focused, and then want to avoid the risks you’ll face if you don’t use your fitness program properly, you won’t have any success.
Regardless if you feel that you are in good health or not, you should always see your physician before beginning any fitness program. A good fitness program will provide for vigorous exercise but involves minimal health risks for you if you are in good health or following a doctor’s advice.
A woman fitness program for your unique needs and wants will enable you to perform up to your true potential. A specific fitness program written for you will help you look, feel and do your best.
It will also give you the ability to perform daily tasks vigorously and alertly, with energy left over for enjoying leisure-time activities after you’ve finished with your daily fitness program.
As you start your exercise routine, it’s important to remember that fitness is an individual quality that varies from person to person. It is influenced by age, sex, heredity, personal habits, exercise and eating practices, so if you have someone you admire who is really fit and want to be like, make sure it is someone who is most like you, just like comparing apples with apples.
A good woman fitness program will help you to determine how often, how long and how hard you exercise and what kinds of exercises you do should be determined by what you are trying to accomplish. So decide beforehand what it is you most want out of your program, when your trainer is writing you program this is one of the first questions you will be asked.